Home Forums Logelloop 5 (English spoken) Issues with monitor level

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PloughmanPloughman

When looping, I play and then loop parts I am playing. However, the monitor, when fully up, is 20db or more quieter then the recorded loop. It would seem that the monitor at 100% should be the same volume as the recording of the input signal. To overcome this, I send my inputs to an aux channel so I can hear them and play along wit the loops at an equal volume. That seems like a hack, so what am I doing wrong?

Hi Ploughman,
    This is a weird issue. I add it to the list and will look at it as soon as possible.
    If this issue needs a fix, it will be in Logelloop 5
    Thanks for the report,
    Philippe

PloughmanPloughman

Philippe,

While we are at it, probably also for LL5, I find it odd that I can mute an input channel on the input control button, but I can not turn off the routing to the looper or the monitor in the same interface. To change that routing do I really have to open up the preferences? This stops the looper and the performance. I really need the ability to turn on and off the routing of the mic (or any input) to either the looper and/or the monitor in real time. Why is this “L” and “M” at the top of the input not a button I can click on?

Hi Ploughman,
    That’s a very good question! -)
    In fact, those two buttons where clickable in Logelloop 1 but I changed the way they work to save some CPU consumption. OK , that’s a very law gain of CPU, but more than ten years ago that was important. I looked at the code and I can say that I can change it, but not before the Logelloop 5 release.

The workaround is to open two inputs needed by the same audio hardware input, one for the monitoring and the other for the Looper routing.
    Then, Mute and unMute will do the trick.

Hope that’s not impossible for you to do it.
    Philippe

PloughmanPloughman

I was considering just that work around yesterday. Should work, but it is bit of a hack, and I bet the input over head is similar to changing the routing logic. Looking forward to the next Beta.

Hi Ploughman,
    Looking at the code and thinking of a better way to manage the monitor part, I remember that the monitoring is a very old routing system in Logelloop (made for Logelloop 1!). And I think that, as now we have a bunch of aux channels, the good option to monitor the inputs is to use an aux channel in pre. That’s the way we do it on every mixer or DAW.

So I don’t think I will change the way Monitor is working and it can even be deprecated and disappear at a time (Logelloop 6 or 7).
    I highly encourage all Logelloop users to go with aux channels to monitor inputs.

Thanks for your comprehension.
    Philippe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.