Home Forums Logelloop (English spoken) Issues with incoming midi time code sync

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am trying to use the ‘Metronome Master External Sync’ to sync the Logelloop Metronome to the time code sent from Ableton Live (10). I have set up everything according to the manual in both Logelloop and Ableton Live and the information in sent via the virtual midi ports and the Metronome is receiving data from Ableton with the correct bpm (it sometimes however very quickly moves from 120 to 119). However, after a couple of bars the metronome in Logelloop looses the sync to what beat in the bar Ableton Live is, even though the tempo is still correct. This makes it impossible to synchronize looping in for example a live performance. I have tried with both the ‘To Logelloop 5 1’ and the Apple ‘IAC Driver’ virtual midi drivers but with the same result. I have also tried changing the midid clock type in Ableton from ‘Pattern’ to ‘Song’ but no change. Do you know why this loss of sync is happening? aNd what I can do to fix it? Thanks!

Regards
    //
    Daniel

Philippe OllivierPhilippe
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,
    I don’t know why, but the connection from Live to Max, isn’t as good as it was… Today, I’d advice to use Link (which is the last setting in the metronome menu). Link seems to be very stable.
    Please, keep me informed.
    Thanks,
    Philippe

Hi,

I switched to Link mode but the result was exactly the same.

Another strange thing is that when I use these two modes there is a lag in the looper recording so that a half second silence is placed at the beginning of the loop. This lag does not happen when I synchronize looper with the Metronome in Metronome Master mode (without the external sync).

Without these functions I cannot really use Logelloop. What is your suggestion?

Thanks!
    //Daniel

Keymaster

Hi Daniel,
    This is very strange.
    Those two issues may be related to the other audio glitches issue, you wrote about in another post.
    I’d be interested to have a look to all you settings.

And maybe, we could send you a link to try with the forthcoming Logelloop 5.5 which fix some bugs and may be more stable in this situation.
    Let’s get in touch.
    Best regards,
    Philippe

Keymaster

Hi Daniel,
    I made some tests today.
    It seems that link is stable to connect Ableton Live and Logelloop.
    But, is some situation, I don’t know why, after you change the tempo in Ableton, Logelloop is out of synchronisation.
    In this situation, it appears that stoping the Logelloop’s metronome and restart it again by selecting the Link mode, should resend it to Ableton Live.
    Do you confirm this?
    If yes, that could be a workaround before we find a way to fix this issue.
    Philippe

Hi Philippe,

Yes, the tempo itself is stable in ‘Link’ mode. However, the beats are never really synced towards Ableton. When Ableton is on beat 2, Logelloop can be on beat 4. It all depends on when you start the metronome in Logelloop. This is however a big issue when looping in a live scenario for example. Do you think this can be fixed? I could send a print screen of this offset of beats, but don’t think I can attach pictures here…

//
    Daniel

Keymaster

Hi Daniel,
    Yes, there is a big issue there !

The good news is that this is allready fixed for Logelloop 5.5 and I will send you a link to download the beta really soon now…
    thank you for your patience.
    Philippe

Hi,

Ok! Then I will awaite the update.

//
    Daniel

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.