Home Forums Logelloop 5 (English spoken) Controlling VST instrument in input effect using midi controler

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PloughmanPloughman

I am trying to use NI Kontakt as a VST insert to play drums into the looper. I used the vst plug in on a stereo input effect and can get it to play using the on screen keyboard, but can’t get my midi controller to trigger it. I turned midi -> vst on, but still nothing. If I run Kontakt outside if Logelloop, the cintroller pads work fine, but routing the output into the input causes bad distortion. Why doesn’t vst->midi configuration work to control the instrument? Did I miss something in the midi config?

The same controller works to mute and unmute tracks and inputs, so logelloop is responding to it, it just does not pass to the VST.

B/R

Ploughman

Yan Le Deannay-seven
    Participant

Hello,
    You can try MIDI insert/by device/input
    will work 😉

PloughmanPloughman

I am not sure I follow. Where is that configuration?

Yan Le Deannay-seven
    Participant

in project config you don’t see Midi insert on the left ? ( after midi ? )
    which version do you use ?

PloughmanPloughman

Ok, found it in the latest beta. I am now able to play the vist as a plug-in in an input. Good. However, the audio quality and latency is worse then running externally. Not sure why.

Yan Le Deannay-seven
    Participant

ok,
    Have you check you use the same audio config in logelloop than in standalone ? ( vector size/frequency …)
    about latency, there’s also a latency compensation settings in the audio configuration/audio driver

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.