Home Forums Macros Insert Looper is not updated by changes to SelectionIn/SelectionOut variables

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello!

A strange thing. In a Macro I am modifying the Insert Looper In and Out selection by updating the corresponding variables like below:

Set $Looper_fx1_rank1_SelectionIn_state$ = 0.0
    Set $Looper_fx1_rank1_SelectionOut_state$ = {$Looper_fx1_rank1_current_length$/8}

In Macro Variable Viewer I can see that the Variables $Looper_fx1_rank1_SelectionIn_state$ and $Looper_fx1_rank1_SelectionOut_state$ are being updated correctly. However the selection is not updated in the Insert Looper UI and playback keeps playing the full loop. Right now I can actually see this in Macro Variable Viewer (which I guess should not be possible…):

Variable Name Value
    $Looper_fx1_rank1_Playing_head_position$. 102700

$Looper_fx1_rank1_SelectionOut_state$ 17136.0

Is there something I have missed or is there something not working correctly with these variables?
    NOTE: I can manually create a selection in Insert Looper with no problem

Thanks!!

Hi again!

My bad, I should of course use “InsertSendMessage fx1 1 SelectionIn…”. Have been doing too much macro coding lately 🙂

Back again,

Still seems to be some strange behaviour. I now have the following code:

InsertSendMessage fx1 1 SelectionIn 0.0
    InsertSendMessage fx1 1 SelectionOut {$Looper_fx1_rank1_current_length$/8}

When triggering this the SelectionOut value is correctly calculated and set but the SelectionIn is also set to the same value as the SelectionOut, so basically the selection is null and nothing is played. I also have the Insert Looper in Synchro = “Free”. Any thoughts would be great! Thanks

Philippe OllivierPhilippe
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,
    There was a little mistake in the code.
    It is fixed for the next release.
    Thank you for the report.
    Philippe

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Philippe OllivierPhilippe.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by Philippe OllivierPhilippe.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.